Directing at San Juan Community Theatre (SJCT)
There are many directing opportunities at SJCT including mainstage, assistant directing, On Book, Playwrights Festival, and more.
Candidates who have taken other directing opportunities at SJCT are often (not always) given priority in consideration for mainstage directing.
Directing Mainstage Productions at SJCT
Those interested in being considered for mainstage directing opportunities should submit the following to the Executive Artistic Director between December 1st and January 31st, for production in the following season (October-September):
- A Play/Musical Proposal form (downloadable below)
- A typewritten page on why you’re interested in directing the show, your vision or concept for the production, and any special technical requirements
- Your ideal timeframe for the production: August-October, January-March, or March-May
- Any collaborators (stage managers, designers, etc.) that you already have approached about working on the show
- No more than 2 submissions per director, please
- Your directing resume (previous SJCT mainstage directors may waive this requirement)
All directors will receive acknowledgement that their submission has been received. The Executive Artistic Director will follow up regarding interviews on any submissions that are being considered for production.
Click here to download the Mainstage Proposal form.